Friday, January 23, 2009

About me

Hey!!!

This is the first blog I have created here on blog spot. I figured I would start out by telling you about me first, so maybe you can get a better sense of where I come from on my views of things.

I love sports, they are the most amazing thing ever. I have done alot of sports through out my life. I have played volleyball, soccer, softball, gymnastics, cheer, dance, swimming, and basketball. I mainly did Cheer, Dance, Volleyball, and softball. I love watching sports too. Football, Basketball, Soccer, and UFC are like the best sports ever to watch.

I am obsessed with fitness and working out. This summer I plan to get ceritfied as a personal trainer and work at the best gym ever...24 hour fitness. I workout everyday...I always find time even if I can't make it to the gym (which I usually make time to go) i'll workout at home or in the dorms. You could definately say I have a fear of being fat. I definatly think that woman should be thin and in shape...so I am obsessed with keeping my body that way. I refuse to stay thin by being unhealthy. I refuse to puke, or starve myself...thats just gross...I chose to eat healthy and exercise regularly.

I am a sports managment major and I love it. I plan to pursue a carreer in sports marketing. I want to work for the San Diego Chargers one day...they are the best team ever!! I absolutly love southern California and Antonio Gates...so that would be amazing working for that organization. I also want to intern with the Portland Trailblazers...because they are amazing too!!!

As far as what I believe in...I am a Christan and try to follow my faith and do what the bible tells me to do, and I pretty much listen to what they say is wrong and right, and good and bad...and I try to follow it. I am a hardcore republican...I think we need war...I support it 100% and my best friend served in Iraq...so yeah I know what i'm talking about f.y.i...

I love movies...I hate chick flicks...they are horrible...my favorite movies are: Fight Club, Boondock Saints, Pulp Fiction, Shoot em' Up, Remember the Titans, Ladder 49, Saving Private Ryan, and V for Vendetta. I love music too...I love pretty much every type of music...I love christian Rock...Relient K is amazing...I also Love indie rock suck as Death Cab, Roonie, The Kooks, Snow Patrol, Jack Johnson, and John Mayer.

so thats pretty much me...so yeah...first blog is complete. Thanks for reading...I look forward to talking to you.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful poem. I enjoyed reading your blog too about war. I have a educationally challenged sister-in-law that shares an ignorant perspective on the war. She thinks it is the wars fault why our economy is in a mess. It is sad that she really has no clue. We can't even agree to disagree on the matter. There are so many other people who just want our troops back home when they do not even understand what we are doing over there. Isn't it the military's job to do what they are doing? Just wanted to share my thoughts. THanks for sharing yours.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I commented in the wrong blog, sorry about that. If you want you can just delere my comment and I will try to figure out what i did wrong
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessi, Sorry to bug you but i could have sworn I went to your blog yesterday during class and there was a poem and comments about the war. Now I cannot find that blog anywhere. Was it you? I am really confused. I know i had issues posting my comment it kept coming back with an error message. I am really confused right now. Sorry about the confusion
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I also am confused about where to find your posts. When I click on your name in the 'hub blog', it sends me to your post entitled "Militarism." I would like to comment on that post, however, when I click on the title it sends me to a page stating that the blog does not exist. Therein lies the confusion.

    I hope you get that figured out soon, as I think you offered your perspectives and insights on the war in Iraq and the military which others may want to discuss as well, or to enlarge the conversation.

    At the same time, until you get that post back up, I'd like you to check into the difference between "militarism"--a system, and "military", an institution. Two very different, though related items. Militarism, is an important system in which it is important to investigate how gender functions a large role in relationships of power and hierarchical division of labor, decision making, and authority, with important consequences for women and men, both in the military and not in service.

    Gook luck in working through these important concepts and disentangling definitions and meanings. --Margo Tamez

    ReplyDelete